Virginia Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are one of the most traumatic types of injuries a person can sustain. Following an injury, victims are often scared, unsure of what to do, and looking for someone they can trust. A Virginia brain injury lawyer can help.
Brain injuries are very serious, and they often have life-altering consequences for victims. Following a brain injury, the victim may not be able to return to their life as it was before. Often, they struggle with medical bills and rehabilitation costs. And of course, the emotional distress of a traumatic injury for victims and their families can disrupt day-to-day life.
Unfortunately, victims often don’t know who to trust or where to turn after an accident. They’re left to struggle in silence. That shouldn’t be the case. If you were injured in an accident, you and your family deserve compensation for your injuries and emotional distress.
A Virginia brain injury lawyer can help. Whether you were injured in a workplace accident, as a result of a criminal assault, or due to someone’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your suffering. One of our lawyers will help you and your family fight for any and all forms of compensation so that you can focus on your recovery.
Call now for a free case evaluation to learn more about your rights.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
If you were involved in an accident or assault that resulted in a brain injury, you may be entitled to compensation. Brain injuries often happen due to someone else’s negligence or malice.
Typically, these types of cases fall into three categories:
- Criminal – Assault is one of the most common causes of traumatic brain injury. In these types of cases, a lawsuit can be filed against the malicious party to recover damages for pain and suffering.
- Personal Injury – Personal injury cases like slips and falls, truck accidents and car accidents, dog attacks, pedestrian accidents, and sports accidents can all result in serious brain injury. A Virginia brain injury lawyer can help you evaluate your case and determine if you can bring a claim against a negligent party.
- Workplace Accident – Workers who suffer a brain injury on the job have access to workers’ compensation for their injuries. Long-term benefits are available in cases of brain injury.
Do You Need a Lawyer?
Following an accident, victims are often scared, in shock, and overwhelmed by new-found financial, physical, and emotional challenges. They often don’t know their rights or who to trust. A qualified attorney is a valuable partner that can take the legal burdens off your shoulders.
It’s best to choose a lawyer with experience in brain injury cases. The best brain injury lawyers can help investigate your accident, determine who was at fault, and file claims on your behalf. When you hire a lawyer, the entire process is managed for you. An attorney helps you:
- Investigate and determine fault
- Collect evidence and build a strong case
- File disability and insurance claims
- File lawsuits against the at-fault party
- Manage negotiations and settlement offers
Ultimately, a lawyer protects you against unfair and aggressive behavior. Lawyers for the at-fault party may bully you into accepting an unfair compensation offer. Insurers, too, regularly fight victims and delay or deny claims.
Your lawyer will fight against this aggressive behavior and help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Types of Compensation Available to Victims
A brain injury can turn your world upside down. Medical bills and rehabilitation costs can pile up and lost wages from time away from work can make it difficult to keep food on the table. Physically, you may be suffering from disability and experiencing frequent pain, headaches, or speech impediments. And emotionally, the stress and anxiety can be overwhelming.
Victims and their families are rightfully entitled to compensation for injuries that were sustained as a result of someone else’s negligence. Compensation helps pay for any costs related to your accident, both financial and non-financial. You can file claims for:
- Medical, physical therapy, and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of normal life
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Property damage
If you were injured in the workplace, you can file workers’ compensation. Workers’ comp benefits provide coverage for medical expenses, partial or total wage replacement, and compensate you for long-term injuries.
Ultimately, a quality Virginia brain injury lawyer will help you fight for compensation to cover any and all current and future expenses related to your accident.
What to Do After an Accident
Immediate action after suffering a head injury is very important. In fact, a fast response can slow or prevent serious damage, helping limit life-long health impacts. If you’ve been injured, there are several steps you should take:
- Seek Initial Care: It’s important that the victim is stabilized. In some cases, you will not want to move the victim. Check for a pulse, signs of visual injury, and note any symptoms. Dizziness, loss of vision, confusion, and trouble remembering are all common symptoms.
- Seek Emergency Care: After a serious accident, always call 911. If you didn’t initially call 911 and symptoms worsen, seek emergency medical care.
- Keep a Victim Awake: Concussion is a form of mild brain injury. If you’ve been concussed, it’s important to stay awake and monitor for signs of serious injury.
- Contact a Physician: If you did not seek emergency care, visit a physician as soon as possible. Brain injury symptoms may have a slow onset. Therefore, if you suffered a head injury, it’s important to seek medical advice as soon as possible.
- Seek Legal Counsel: In Virginia, victims have two years after discovering a brain injury to file a claim. Therefore, it’s important that you find a qualified lawyer sooner, rather than later, so that your attorney has enough time to build a strong case for you.
Signs of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries can either be open injuries (fractures) or closed injuries (such as swelling).
Suspect that you may have a brain injury? Common symptoms include:
- Frequent headaches
- Memory loss
- Change in vision
- Difficulty processing information
- Extreme mental and physical fatigue
Brain injuries can be life-threatening. In many cases, the injuries are not reversible, which means that the patient may require ongoing treatment and therapy to relearn basic brain functions and tasks. Make sure that you and your family has the financial resources to get through this difficult time. Our Virginia brain injury lawyer will help you file a claim to recover expenses for all your medical costs and even compensation for loss of earning capacity.
At The Strong Law Firm, we understand that finding high-quality, accessible legal representation is hard. But it shouldn’t be. This is why we provide our services on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t accept upfront costs, we don’t charge out-of-pocket fees, and we only get paid after we win a case. Our services are offered to you risk free.
Request a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one suffered a head injury, we want to help. Our Virginia brain injury lawyer has helped victims recover multi-million-dollar settlements, and we’re prepared to fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Call us now to learn more about your legal rights. Our initial case reviews are 100% free, no obligation; you hire us only if you feel comfortable with our plan for your case.
Brain injuries can be caused by a wide variety of accidents, including car accidents, construction accidents, and bicycle accidents. After an accident, a victim may not even know he or she has sustained a brain injury. In some cases, a brain injury can be difficult to diagnose, and may even be left untreated for a long period of time. This is why it is important to see a doctor immediately after an accident and to have your medical provider monitor your brain for any symptoms of brain injuries.